Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
Step 1: Watch the online orientation video by clicking the “orientation” tab to the left, or sign-up for one of our in-person orientations by clicking Here.
Step 2: Once you have watched the online orientation, please complete an application (takes about 30mins) by clicking Here.
Step 3: Upon completion of your application, one of our staff members will contact you to schedule an interview.
Step 4: Attend and complete *training requirements and get fingerprinted.
Step 5: Following completion of training and the above items, you will be sworn in by a judge as an “Officer of the Court” and we will match you with a child in need.
*Training includes: Independent Study Guide (14 hours of home study) and In-Class time with Court Observation (17 hours of in-person training). You can begin your training immediately after attending an orientation & interview.
- At least twenty-one years of age.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be computer literate.
- Ability to keep all client and court information confidential.
- Willingness and commitment to respect and relate to people from various backgrounds and lifestyles (economic, cultural, educational, philosophical, etc.) in a variety of settings.
- Ability to transport self to a variety of locations.
- Ability to deal positively with hostility, anger, and other strong emotions.
- Ability to maintain objectivity.
- Ability to gather and accurately record factual information.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and have good character.
- Ability to work independently as required, as well as the ability to accept supervision and direction as needed.