Cars for CASA

Give a gift to Child Advocates of Placer County by donating your used car, truck or van! Donors receive a tax deduction while turning used vehicles into cash to support Child Advocates programs and services.

To donate CLICK HERE, to be redirected to our charity page at the Center for Car Donations website, or call them at (877) 411-3662. You can also call our office for more  information:  (530) 887-1006.

Please be sure to advise the driver picking up your vehicle that your donation is for Child Advocates of Placer County (CASA of Placer County), Tax ID No. 77-0620948  

Frequently Asked Questions

Does my car have to be running to qualify for a donation?

No, the car must have an engine and be in towable condition. Cars that are in extremely poor condition or far from our tow range may be declined as the cost to tow them may be more than the value of the vehicle. Please call Center for Car Donations at (877) 411-3662, or visit their website at to determine if your vehicle qualifies for donation.

What if my car won’t pass the smog test?

We can accept vehicles without a smog certificate or current registration.

What paperwork do I need?

The only paperwork needed is a signed title (pink slip). Our driver will provide you with the Release of Liability which must be completed by the donor and mailed to the DMV within 5 business days of the donation.

What if I don’t have the title (pink slip)?

Our driver will give you an Application for Duplicate Title form to complete at the time of pick up.

Do I get a receipt for my donation?

Yes, our driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick up. This is not your final tax receipt but an acknowledgement indicating your name, the year, make and model and condition of the vehicle you are donating. A final acknowledgement will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle. This will be your receipt for your charitable donation. Please make sure to advise Center for Car Donations that your donation is for Child Advocates of Placer County, Tax ID No. 77-0620948.

What amount can I claim as a deduction?

Please check with your tax advisor to determine the tax consequences (amount) of your vehicle donation.

What does our organization do with donated vehicles?

The vehicles are sold at private auction. The proceeds from the vehicle donations are used to support Child Advocates of Placer County and provide services and enrichment activities to foster children in our community.

How quickly will my vehicle be picked up?

Vehicles are picked up at a time that is convenient for you. Please call Center for Car Donations at (877) 411-3662 to schedule a pick up time for your vehicle. Special arrangements can be made if you aren’t available at the time of pick up.