Individual Giving

Child Advocates of Placer County relies on the generosity of our community to fund critical advocacy services for the abused and neglected children we serve. In order to reach and sustain our goal to serve all children who come into Juvenile Dependency or Delinquency Court every year, we must grow our donor base and our future annual revenue sources to sustain the significant expansion of our program capacity.

Following are some of the ways that an individual can help an abused child:

A program of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation’s initiative to grow local philanthropy, Big Day of Giving is an annual 24-hour community-wide movement that unites the region’s nonprofit sector to help raise unrestricted funds for the organizations that strengthen the capital area. Since 2014, the giving day has generated over $90,000 for Child Advocates of Placer County!


Donations of any amount provide needed services to support abused children. Please complete our gift form to make your donation to make a difference in an abused child’s life.

  • $ 25 buys a phone card so separated siblings can stay in touch
  • $ 100 provides a rental car for CASA to visit children placed far from the Placer County area
  • $ 500 pays for brochures to increase community awareness about the CASA program
  • $1,000 provides funding for mandatory background checks for fifteen volunteer candidates
  • $5,000 covers expenses to recruit, train and support one volunteer serving two child victims

Our children have many needs throughout the year. Your generosity can help in many ways. Host a Gift Card Drive any time of the year to help abused children. We suggest $25 gift cards from Target or Walmart to purchase gifts or necessities for children; or gift cards to restaurants, movies, bookstores or sporting events for volunteers to use during visits with children.

Many companies will match gifts to Child Advocates with additional funds. Some companies match volunteer hours and in-kind donations. Find out if your employer or the employers of your friends and family have matching gift programs. Each company has its own guidelines, but many will match gifts annually. Please contact your employer’s Human Resources department for more information.

Consider honoring the birthdays or anniversaries of your loved ones with a gift to Child Advocates in their names. Or celebrate the holidays with a friend by contributing to Child Advocates in that friend’s honor by making a donation that helps an abused child have a happier holiday. Please complete our gift form to make your donation.

Keep the giving spirit of a friend or loved one alive through a donation in their name. In place of flowers, consider giving to Child Advocates in memory of a loved one – continuing that person’s legacy by making a difference in the life of abused children. Please complete our gift form to make your donation.

You can create hope for vulnerable children for years to come through a planned gift to Child Advocates. Planned gifts can have significant tax benefits for donors and their heirs. Whatever your estate planning objectives might be, our staff can share gift planning ideas with you that can benefit you and your family while creating a lasting legacy for children in need.

Following is a list of the most often used planned giving opportunities:

  • Outright Bequests
  • Charitable Gift Annuities
  • Charitable Lead Trust
  • Life Insurance Policy

You can direct your United Way contributions to Child Advocates of Placer County (Placer CASA). Just indicate United Way Agency Code #24752 on your pledge. Thank you for making us part of your community!

You can direct your Combined Federal Campaign contributions to Child Advocates of Placer County (Placer CASA). Just indicate CFC Agency Code #62586 on your pledge. Thank you for making us part of your community!

Please discuss your goals with your financial or estate planning professional, or for more information about the types of gifts Child Advocates accepts, contact Executive Director, Don Kleinfelder at or call (530) 887-1006.

Donor Privacy

Child Advocates of Placer County neither sells nor exchanges donor information at any time for any reason. If you wish your donation to remain anonymous, please let us know and we will not publish your name in our list of donors.